Staff Software Engineer, Core Platform Network
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries.
With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.
Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve millions of customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint!We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.
Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
About Engineering, Core Platform Network (Orchestration) in Ascenda
We are building the next generation of fintech services for our clients. Our new Staff Engineer (Orchestration) will have a unique opportunity to lead the design and implementation of this critical system, leveraging data, distributed systems, event driven architecture to build advanced financial services, reduce risk and enhance our capabilities.
These systems span several products in Ascenda including our points ledger, payment acceptance, loyalty member enrollments & onboarding, campaigns management, fraud and this list continues to expand.
You will play a key engineering role as we evolve Ascenda's network architecture to meet the demands of enormous growth and support the millions of users who rely on us to provide uninterrupted, secure & speedy access to our services.
Through our Core Orchestration team you will be responsible for supporting key BFF services & workflows to both our various product applications team and support the integration of our platform solution, direct to customer, via APIs, Event buses and other workflow SaaS services like Temporal.
This year some of the key projects you'll be aiding us includes
- Highly scalable customer enrollments and activities
- Reliable workflow orchestration (at high throughput) for key actions like payment checkouts, fraud processing
- Rollout event based processing for our many applications at the ecosystem level
About the Role
As a Staff Engineer, you will lead the selection and rollout of patterns and frameworks within your feature team. You will be expected to demonstrate leadership through the quality of your architectural work. In conjunction with your team's Engineering Lead, you will ensure that the way we build our solutions is of exceptional technical quality.
Our engineering team takes ownership of the technical construction of key systems. If you are passionate about big engineering problems and want to shape how we scale this across our entire ecosystem then this role is a great fit for you!
You will be responsible for the technical roadmap, architecture, and quality of our services & rollout across multiple loyalty services.
- Scope & lead large technical projects and architecture that’ve massive impact in Ascenda & our numerous clients
- Maintain high standards for code quality, reliability, and scalability.
- Design and implement elegant APIs and their underlying infrastructure. Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture across Ascenda
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with other Engineering teams, Technical Project Management etc to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to the ease of integration, and the expressiveness of our Data strategy & Events architecture
- Serve as a role model for high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- You're a passionate problem solver: Weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team.
- Teach and mentor ICs and managers to become the next generation of experts at Ascenda
What we're looking for:
- Strong technical background, with prior experience in similar roles such as Tech Lead, Engineering Manager or Staff level engineering roles.
- Experience building large-scale, high throughput distributed systems on the Cloud. Hands on experience with designing, building and operating event-driven architectures
- Fluent with our main backend programming language - Ruby, or, having a strong aptitude and desire to pick up and be proficient in Ruby and/ or Typescript
- Have experience in developing technical roadmaps/RFCs to communicate technical strategy and vision
- You are a thought leader- Who enjoys formally coaching other team members
- Passionate about mentoring and/or leading a group of engineers, guiding and coaching them for high performance
- Operational tooling experience such as Grafana, StatsD, Datadog, Prometheus. If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- Have at least 7 years of software development experience
What matters at Ascenda:
We are passionate, we keep things simple, we focus on results, we work together & we innovate!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
High growth environment & exponential career development
Mobile & flexible work environment
Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.