Senior Automation QA Engineer
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries.With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve over 1 billion customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint!We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
- Automation Test Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to define the automation test strategy, roadmap, and goals aligned with project objectives.
- Plan and prioritize automation efforts based on project complexity, risk analysis, and potential return on investment.
- Automation Framework Development:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and maintainable automation frameworks for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Leverage industry-standard automation tools and programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, C#) to implement automation scripts.
- Test Data Management:
- Develop strategies for managing test data to ensure consistency and reliability during automated testing.
- Implement data-driven testing approaches to increase test coverage and efficiency.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) Integration:
- Integrate test automation into the CI/CD pipeline, enabling automated testing as part of the continuous integration process.
- Ensure that automation test runs are triggered automatically and results are available for analysis.
- Defect Management and Root Cause Analysis:
- Collaborate with the development and QA teams to identify, document, and track defects, providing detailed defect reports.
- Perform root cause analysis of defects to identify underlying issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Test Reporting and Metrics:
- Generate comprehensive test automation reports, providing insights into test coverage, execution results, and defect analysis.
- Analyze and present test metrics to stakeholders, including test progress, pass rates, and defect trends.
- Mentoring and Leadership:
- Mentor and guide junior automation engineers, ensuring their growth and fostering a culture of excellence in test automation.
- Process Improvement:
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance the test automation process, including tool evaluation, best practices, and test data management.
- Drive automation process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce time-to-market.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience as an Automation QA Engineer, with at least  years of experience in designing and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of automation testing methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, or C#, and experience with automation testing tools (e.g., Playwright, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI, etc.) and version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies and experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments.
- Experience with performance testing using tools like JMeter or Gatling is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Check out other open positions