Commercial Lead (Fintech), India
Mumbai, Mahārāshtra, IndiaBusiness Development
Great to Meet You! We are Ascenda.
Ascenda provides end-to-end rewards infrastructure to help financial services and fintech companies to launch premium rewards programs to accelerate their growth, differentiate their products and incentivize positive customer behaviors.
We power rewards programs for the world’s largest banks and card issuers like American Express, Capital One, Brex, HSBC, Virgin Money (Australia), SMBC (Japan), ICBC (China), Bradesco (Brazil), ANZ (Australia), HDFC (India) and many others worldwide.
We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team, with dual headquarters in Singapore and Seattle, to capture the overwhelming demand across fast growing financial services verticals (neobanks, payments, expense management, lending, investments, insuretech, crypto, etc,) for our rewards solutions.
We’re a profitable and rapidly scaling global fintech and this is a special opportunity to be part of our founding sales team.
Join us as a Business Development Director (India)
As a Senior Business Executive you report to Ascenda’s VP of Business Development, APAC and will be responsible for driving sales within the rapidly evolving fintech industry. Leveraging your industry knowledge, exceptional communication skills, and a proven track record in sales, you will play a key role in expanding our market presence and revenue growth.
You’ll help evolve how we sell by developing a deep understanding of the rewards industry, identifying customers’ biggest pain points, and educating them on how Ascenda can help unlock massive growth and engagement.
Why we’ll win.
We’ve built a market leading rewards platform with the world’s most comprehensive content catalog and partnerships network. Our team consists of the world’s foremost experts on rewards alongside seasoned builders with experience scaling unicorns.
It’s an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a big global impact in a high-growth technology company where simplicity, speed to market, and industry disruption are lived every single day. There's plenty of green field for the right person to come in and go after. And this opportunity should be considered a fast track into sales leadership. If things go well, you'll get the chance to manage reps down the road, if this is something that interests you.
- Rapidly grow Ascenda’s customer footprint across India, and the wider APAC region, by cultivating and closing new opportunities with Fintech’s
- Own the end-to-end sales cycle across prospecting, first discussions, in-depth consultative collaboration, commercial negotiation, contracting and implementation.
- Collaborate deeply with prospects to understand their goals and capabilities to guide them through the process of building growth accelerating rewards products using Ascenda’s rewards infrastructure.
- Partner closely with Ascenda’s Product team to inform how we further elevate our solutions into the future and deliver even greater client impact based on pattern matching needs & pain-points you observe in prospect discussions.
- Inform Ascenda’s corporate branding, marketing, and communications strategy across channels, increasing our visibility and reputation as a technology leader in the space of customer engagement & rewards.
What you bring to the table
A track record for exceptional performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have experience and measurable success selling complex solutions to multiple senior stakeholders within the fintech sector.
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record of hitting quota selling in a B2B enterprise top-down sales motion to this specific buying persona: senior financial services & fintech leaders (c-suite, head of consumer/corporate credit products, credit cards, lending, payments, banking, etc.) in the Indian market.
- Historical success taking a consultative sales approach to deeply understand the needs of prospects across different financial services verticals (consumer banking, corporate banking, credit cards, insurance, etc.) and their end users to pitch compelling solutions to their biggest problems.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of rewards & loyalty strategies in the context of financial services. In particular, the use of rewards as an incentive engine to drive valued behaviors and the rewards economics underlying these programs.
- Willingness to go beyond just closing the deal and hitting targets. Focused on how to best address customer biggest needs to develop a long-term relationship.
- Strong bias for action and genuine curiosity to help our customers achieve their goals.
- A team player that can engage in rigorous debate but also drive consensus towards well-informed, data driven decisions.
- Prior product, marketing or business development experience acquired via multiple roles within fintech, loyalty, retail banking organizations.
- An inclination for numbers and being data-driven. A lot of this role will rely on analysis of the data the market is giving us, and how that could help us better our process.
What matters at Ascenda:
We are curious, we keep things simple, we obsess about our customers, we work together & we get things done!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
- Supportive team and resources to learn and grow together at a very fast pace.
- High growth environment & exponential career development
- Mobile & flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Travel perks & employee rewards.
If you are a dynamic and results-driven sales professional with a passion for cutting-edge technology, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to shape the future of Rewards Tech SaaS within the fintech landscape.
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.