Product Design Summer Internship
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeProduct and Design
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.
Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries.
With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.
Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve over 1 billion customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint!
We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.
Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
Join us as Product Design Intern in Singapore
Ascenda is seeking an individual with high interest and passion in building UX workflows and maintaining UI design for product journeys. As a Product Design Intern, you will be learning the end to end process for creating a product journey - from research to conceptualising ideas. In this role, you’ll work closely with your product and engineering counterparts as part of our three-in-a-pod model to design user experiences for our admin panel.
- Design end-to-end product design process for the admin persona, from user research, prototypes and low-fi wireframes, all the way to high-fidelity designs.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams in a three-in-a-pod model, from concept to delivery.
- Collaborate with the Design Systems team to add new components to the design system(s) and to ensure design consistency across Ascenda’s products.
- Work closely with developers to ensure successful implementation of features.
- Design and conduct user testing sessions to collect actionable feedback and use these insights to enhance your designs.
- Conduct competitor and industry research to guide design decisions and stay up to date with the latest design trends and product features in our competitive landscape.
What we are looking for:
- Currently studying in a university or polytechnic, preferably in design major (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, IS, CS, or related Diploma / Degree
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
- Knowledge of usability testing methodologies and tools
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma is a plus!
- Passionate about creating designs that help solve user problems
- A sharp eye for detail, not just for pixels on a screen but for workflows
- Excited about a career in product design and is open to learn
Character & work ethic:
- A creator at heart with great design aesthetics, an eye for detail, and the ability to translate research into impactful design.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team, handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- A fast learner with a “get things done” attitude.
- Strong organisational skills, interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflicting requirements from different stakeholders.
- Passion for staying updated with industry trends.
- Always coming up with innovations and improvements, and driving these forward with great independence.
What matters at Ascenda:
We are passionate, we keep things simple, we focus on results, we work together & we innovate!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
- High growth environment & exponential career development
- Mobile & flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.