Technology Operations Engineer (Singapore)
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
At Ascenda, we have a huge focus on coaching on mentorship. You will be given the correct guidance, mentorship, as well as opportunities for you to grow your career. We value the insights and perspectives you may bring to the company as a new graduate and look forward to the diversity you will add to the team.
In this job, you will be:
- Working with our business, servicing teams and partners to investigate process & operational issues. You'll be at the fore for improving our workflows to ensure the best experiences for our partners
- Support or orchestrate issue/ incident management alongside our business managers & service agents
- Engage our partners by working with them on new integrations/ upgrades and migrations.We believe the best way to learn is through exposure with the business
- Working with different engineering teams in Ascenda, ranging from our core API platform and services, to frontend products and high throughput backend systems to deliver timely systems, process & business monitoring to our centralised operations platform.
- As a Technology Operations engineer, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills across multiple teams and partners (both internal & external)
- Delivering products to customers in a matter of weeks after you join! We believe in giving everyone ownership, including our new hires! You will start by owning small pieces of the process and working your way up.
- Help us to further integrate with a variety partners and client systems around the world to so that more customers can travel, shop, exchange currencies and be rewarded for their activities with minimum fuss and maximum confidence
- As we grow our users and transaction volumes to reach new markets, our architecture needs to grow too. You’ll help us to make Ascenda's platforms faster, more convenient and scalable
- Learning about other aspects of software engineering, such as,
Security & Compliance - how do we build secure software, especially since we work with financial institutions
Scalability - learn how to design & build scalable solutions to deliver capabilities that can be rolled out to multiple partners
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and excited about improving processes & product to deliver great experiences!
- A team player, willing to help work across teams, share knowledge and care about the products you support
- Possess good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- Inquisitive, you are piqued by evolving systems & processes, and happy to investigate & improve limitations to our systems & processes
- A fast learner, able and willing to learn new languages and libraries
Candidates must be authorised to work in Singapore. Ascenda is open to sponsoring the required work permits or employment passes for the right candidate. Singaporeans, PRs and foreigners can apply.