Staff Software Engineer, Transfer Connect
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Ascenda solutions make loyalty simple for financial institutions globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, complicated data experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation.
About Transfer Connect
Hundreds of companies, from the world’s largest banks to the most ambitious fintechs, use TransferConnect to process and handle customer points earn & fulfillments. Our mission is to maximise the amount and value our millions of loyalty members can put to work towards their rewards aspirations.
That’s a huge amount of work ahead for us that means you’ve got a great opportunity to put the loyalty economy within many more peoples’ reach while plumbing the most important work of your career.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who can drive the technical vision for our transfer APIs as we build the next generation of loyalty currency services such as cashback & carbon credits. Your work will enable new types of businesses to run on our platform, at greater scale, while maintaining an extremely high bar for reliability and usability.
You will be responsible for the technical roadmap, architecture, and quality of our platform.
- Scope & lead large technical projects and architecture that’ve massive impact in Ascenda & our numerous clients
- Maintain high standards for code quality, reliability, and scalability.
- Design and implement elegant APIs and their underlying infrastructure. Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture across Ascenda
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with other teams, Project, Partnerships etc to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to the ease of integration, and the expressiveness of our product APIs
- Serve as a role model for high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Teach and mentor ICs and managers to become the next generation of experts at Ascenda
What we're looking for:
- Strong technical background, with prior experience in similar roles such as Tech Lead, Engineering Manager or Staff level engineering roles
- Experience building large-scale, high throughput distributed systems on the Cloud
- Solid systems knowledge - having a good understanding of topics such as infrastructure, networking concepts, databases and how to optimise them
- Fluent with our main backend programming language - Ruby, or, having a strong aptitude and desire to pick up and be proficient in Ruby and/ or Typescript
- Have experience in developing technical roadmaps/RFCs to communicate technical strategy and vision
- Great collaborator - able to work comfortably in a cross-functional team, not just with engineering but with functions such as product, design and business teams
- Passionate about mentoring and/or leading a group of engineers, guiding and coaching them for high performance
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have agood intuition for what will last and scale.