Staff Software Engineer, Data Platform
Hồ Chí Minh, Hồ Chí Minh, VietnamEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world. Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top-tier card issuers, and fintechs who utilize our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC, and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries. With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe. Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve over 1 billion customers globally. No matter where you are, you’ll recognize our footprint! We believe nothing should stand in the way of companies striving to drive growth via compelling and effortless reward propositions that their customers love. Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
About Data Platform
Data Platform Team offers analytics and reporting as a service to internal business, product, and operations teams. We build and operate a modern data platform and infrastructure, hosting all the data pipelines, lakes, warehouses, and analytical models. Every day, our system processes millions of data rows from diverse operational data sources, generating high-quality and trusted analytics models that power essential business reports, BI dashboards, and data-driven product features for internal and external users. We have an ambitious plan to transform the business and product through the formidable power of data. Elevate your career with us!
About the Role
We're searching for a Staff Software Engineer to drive the engineering vision of our Data Platform. In this pivotal role, you'll design, build, and operate the core data platform that powers business reports, BI dashboards, and analytics product features for both internal and external users. Your expertise in analytics modeling, ELT pipelines, and data warehousing will be instrumental in accelerating data-driven decision-making across Ascenda. As a key player, you'll empower our data analysts to deliver impactful insights, fostering transformative business outcomes. Join us in shaping our organization's future by unlocking the power of data and turning it into actionable insights.
- Define data platform roadmap and goals with engineering leadership aligned to Ascenda business goals.
- Engage product and operations teams to enhance data platform services for business impact, quality, reliability, and operability.
- Lead design, building, and operation of data platform, focusing on simplicity, reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Set high engineering standards, ensuring consistency across codebases and processes.
- Drive continuous learning and improvement for yourself and the team, offering technical mentorship.
- Participate in engineering on-call rotation for hands-on experience addressing root causes of production incidents.
What we're looking for:
- Strong software engineering and system design background, with prior experience in similar roles such as tech lead or senior engineering roles.
- Experience in designing and building scalable data products or platforms on AWS or another cloud.
- Familiarity with modern ELT data engineering tools such as Airflow, dbt, Meltano, Kafka, Dagster, or similar.
- Experience with row-based and column-based databases or SQL engines, understanding their trade-offs e.g. Redshift, PostgreSQL, Trino, etc.
- Experience developing Python/Ruby library packages for internal teams, including best practices for development and deployment.
- Experience with analytical data modeling using analytics engineering tools such as dbt. Advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics modeling knowledge is a plus.
- Great collaborator - comfortable working in cross-functional teams, not only with engineering but also with product, design, and business teams.
- Passionate about mentoring and leading a group of engineers, guiding and coaching for high performance.
Preference for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, with a good intuition for what will last and scale.