Solutions Architect (Singapore)
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
In this role as a solutions architect, you will work closely with Ascenda teams (engineering, product, sales) and with our customers to design, architect and develop next generation loyalty platforms and infrastructure. You will work closely with various stakeholders from our customers such as their business analysts, enterprise architect, security and compliance managers as well as senior technical leaders (e.g. CIO/CTO/CISO). You will need to be able to work comfortably across a wide range of technical areas, such as identity management (e.g. OAuth 2.0), data integrations (e.g. APIs, batch files, streams), data migration, workflows, infrastructure (both cloud and on-premise), security and compliance.
In this job you will:
- Become an expert on the capabilities (current and future) of Ascenda's products and platforms
- Gain a deep understanding of how complex loyalty systems are architected
- Work hand-in-hand with Ascenda's BD/sales teams to understand complex customer requirements
- Participate in RFPs/tenders
- Build quick Proof of Concepts (POC), together with Ascenda's engineering team to help demonstrate our capability to our customers
- Lead technical discussions with our customers, engaging with a wide variety of customer stakeholders, ranging from business analysts to C-level executives
- Work closely with Ascenda's product and engineering leadership to enhance our products and build extra capability to continually meet our customer requirements.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- A chance to take full ownership of products that are used by millions of customers worldwide.
We expect you to:
- Have at least 5 years experience participating in a pre-sales/solutions architect role in previous roles
- Be able to communicate effectively and lead technical presentations. Comfortable with explaining deep technical concepts to technical audiences, but also simplify technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Have a good understanding of technical concepts such as software engineering, data migration, infrastructure, enterprise integrations (e.g. API, batch, streams), identity management and security. You don't need to be an expert in all these areas, but sufficient knowledge to be able to understand customer requirements and propose viable solutions will be good enough.
- Have good problem solving skills. Often, we need to "think outside of the box" to be able to fit our products/platforms into the customer requirements.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills - being able to work closely with your counterparts on the customer's end to drive outcomes
- Good understanding of the sales lifecycle
You will get bonus points if you:
- Already have experience working in the banking environment / financial services sector
- Have good experience working with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Alicloud)
- Have a strong engineering background (e.g. you were previously an engineer)
- Have knowledge in modern programming languages such as Golang or Ruby.
- Have TOGAF certification (but not required for the role!)
Candidates must be authorised to work in Australia. Ascenda is open to sponsoring the required work permits or employment passes for the right candidate.