Software QA Engineer - Automation
Philippines, National Capital Region, ManilaEngineering
Nice to meet you! We are Ascenda.
Help us transform how the world’s biggest financial brands engage their customers.
The thrill of saving up loyalty points for an exciting trip, or the joy of treating your loved one to a Michelin star dinner courtesy of a special offer – these are the magical moments that Ascenda makes possible. This is why we are here.
We make loyalty simple for banks and payment networks globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in innovative solutions, beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation. All of these while still having a lot of FUN with a CULTURE like no you never experience before.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better.
We're looking to bring in passionate and dynamic Software Automation QA engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
What did we offer? A role like no other!
You will play a key part in building our beautiful loyalty product that is serving hundreds of thousands of customers daily - interacting with their points balances, making travel bookings, redeeming cash-back, performing points transfers, buying gift cards, etc. You will be working closely with other engineering teams, our design and UX team, as well as our product managers, to jointly solve problems.
For this role, we are specifically hiring Software Automation QA engineers to be based out of our office in BGC, Manila. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we're currently operating remotely and everyone is working from home.
In this job you will:
- Work with a team of talented engineers building FinTech and loyalty products
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases as well as prepare and maintain test scenarios (both manual and automated)
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs/issues
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with the customer service team to help to troubleshoot, triage reported issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Work across our entire product suite, ranging from front-end products to API, to mobile apps.
- Work with our customers (e.g. financial institutions) to perform UAT tests
- Identify opportunities for automation within the software process
- Design and execute QA test using scripts that automatically test functionality
- Collaborate with the different teams to understand how automation can improve workflow
- Perform manual functional testing/smoke tests and Regression when needed (as we are actively trying to reduce the amount of manual work needed. This might be the best opportunity to learn Automation testing)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- In the Software QA industry for more than 5 years
- Worked as a hands-on automation QA before for at least 3 years
- If you have advanced programming skills including automation systems, API's and databases
- Good friends with the different programming script languages like Java and friends
- If you have the thought process and right mindset to help break down the problem into parts, making it easy to examine the elements of the problem and its relationship
- An awesome communicator and a great reporting skills
- If you have a thorough understanding & mapping of the Business Situation to allow you quickly visualize and understand the boundaries of the system and verify that the impact of various processes on the system produces a desirable result
- A great relationship with API
- Love to work in an Agile environment
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success is important
- A critical thinker and problem-solving skills to match
- A team player and loves to work with cool individuals
- Good at time-management
You will get bonus points if you:
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining automated test scripts (JUnit, RSpec, Selenium, etc.)
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining performance testing scripts (Jmeter, Loadrunner, etc.)
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining security testing test cases
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Philippines. Ascenda does not sponsor work visas in the Philippines for foreigners.