Software Engineer Intern
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
At Ascenda, we have a huge focus on coaching on mentorship. As an intern, you will be given the correct guidance, mentorship, as well as opportunities for you to grow your career. We value the insights and perspectives you may bring to the company as a new intern and look forward to the diversity you will add to the team.
Internship window: May - August (3 months minimum). If your university/ school is looking at 6 - 9 month long traineeships, we're open to it too. Please state so in your application to us.
In this internship, you will be:
- Working in 1 of our many engineering teams in Ascenda, ranging from our core API platform and services, to frontend products and high throughput backend systems. As an internship, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills across multiple teams.
- Delivering products to customers in a matter of weeks after you join! We believe in giving everyone ownership, including our interns. You will start by owning small pieces of the platform and working your way up.
- Work within one of our platform teams who look at specific areas of Ascenda's platforms (e.g. travel booking, points transfers, our payments, customer engagement platform, or 1 of our core data, platform orchestration teams) to figure out how best to improve our product for our customers through new features and capabilities that will be used globally
- As we grow our users and transaction volumes to reach new markets, our architecture needs to grow too. You’ll help us to make Ascenda's platforms faster, more convenient and scalable
- Learning about other aspects of software engineering, such as,
- Security & Compliance - how do we build secure software for financial institutions
- Scalability - learn how to adapt your code in a way that scales
- Flexible working environment
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate and excited about using technology to build great products!
- Have some experience in at least one backend language (Ruby preferred, but not obligatory)
- Have some experience in building frontends, either in vanilla JS or using frameworks.
- A team player, willing to help other developers, share knowledge and care about the product you build
- Possess good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- A fast learner, able and willing to learn new languages and libraries
Candidates must be authorised to work in Singapore.