Senior Software QA Engineer - Automation
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate QA automation engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in being a core part of delivering high quality products to our customers.
At Ascenda, we have a huge focus on automation and reducing manual effort in QA. You will work directly with our engineering teams to design, architect and implement tests to ensure high quality delivery.
For this role, we are specifically hiring for Senior QA Automation Engineer to be based out of our office in Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh. You must be legally authorised to work from Vietnam.
In this job you will:
- Work with a team of talented engineers building FinTech and loyalty products
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases as well as prepare and maintain test scenarios (both manual and automated)
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs/issues
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with the customer service team to help to troubleshoot, triage reported issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Work across our entire product suite, ranging from front-end products to API, to mobile apps.
- Work with our customers (e.g. financial institutions) to perform UAT tests
- Identify opportunities for automation within the software process
- Design and execute QA test using scripts that automatically test functionality
- Collaborate with the different teams to understand how automation can improve workflow
- Perform manual functional testing/smoke tests and Regression when needed (as we are actively trying to reduce the amount of manual work needed. This might be the best opportunity to learn Automation testing)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- In the software QA industry for more than 5 years
- Worked as a hands-on automation QA for at least 3 years
- Advanced programming skills, experiences with various programming script languages
- Hands-on experience with multiple test automation systems
- Good understanding of API and databases
- Experience in highly distributed environments, cloud computing platform
- Thought process to break down problem into parts, examine components and relationships
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Love to work in an agile environment
- Great sense of ownership, team player with experiences working in international, distributed environments
- Awesome communicator
- Good at time-management
You will get bonus points if you:
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining automated test scripts (JUnit, RSpec, Selenium, etc.)
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining performance testing scripts (Jmeter, Loadrunner, etc.)
- Have experience with design, creation, and maintaining security testing test cases
Candidates must be authorised to work in Vietnam.