Senior Software Engineer, Travel
Ho Chi Minh, Hồ Chí Minh, VietnamEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Virgin Money, SMBC, FAB, BNZ, ANZ and many top airlines & banks across the world.
With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.
Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve millions of customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint! We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.
Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
About Ascenda Travel
Ascenda Travel was born in 2015 as Kaligo.com when we first started powering highly rewarding loyalty points earn for customers on their hotel stays; We now host 900,000+ hotels, 100,000+ flights powering the stays & redemptions for millions of customers across our plethora of B2B team-ups globally.
Our mission today is to deliver the best in class customer experience & the most varied selection of cars, hotels & flight options for our customers.
About the Role and the Team
You’ll help our Travel team to build and ship our SaaS based white-label platform to our fintech, banking and airline partners! Our Travel platform (termed TravelEdge) enables our partners to roll out a fully customisable, self-serve travel platform (hotels, flights, cars), allowing their customers to earn or use their loyalty points on travel bookings.
The Travel Platform team deals not only with maintaining our configurable SaaS web platform, but also work with our high scale supplier inventory platform aggregating content from multiple suppliers. The Travel Platform team builds mainly in Ruby and Elixir in the backend, and, TypeScript (Angular & React) for our frontends.
As a Senior Engineer with the team you will:
- Design, setup & customise new tenants on the Travel Platform to the requirements set by our customers
- Play a key role in designing and building new travel search, engagement and booking features for our different platforms
- Help own & coordinate major delivery timelines for the projects you own
- Solve problems across multiple parts of the Ascenda ecosystem, such as performance, internationalization, and multi-tenancy & self service configurations
- Work closely with designers, product owners, and engineers from multiple teams to develop and design solid user experiences.
- Mentor and guide the growth of junior developers, and act as a gatekeeper for our Travel team's engineering practices and development culture
What we're looking for:
- Good technical background in building trafficked large scale web applications on a modern frontend and backend stack
- Deep experience in backend programming languages such as Ruby, Golang, or any other relevant languages. 5+ years experience in building frontends with frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, etc. Prior experience with our stack (Ruby, Elixir, Angular) would be a bonus
- Have experience participating in technical roadmaps/RFCs to communicate technical strategy and resolve architectural problems. Have experience mentoring and coaching your junior engineers.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and with teams across the organization
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, technical quality and system quality.
- At least 5 years in development experience. Prior experience in the travel technology industry is a bonus
- Prior experience building configurable UX, or developing BFF (backend-for-frontend) stacks at scale is a bonus.
What matters at Ascenda:
We are passionate, we keep things simple, we focus on results, we work together & we innovate!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
High growth environment & exponential career development
Mobile & flexible work environment
Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.