Senior Software Engineer, Transfer Connect
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries.With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve over 1 billion customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint!We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
About Transfer Connect
Hundreds of companies, from the world’s largest banks to the most ambitious fintechs, use TransferConnect to process and handle customer points earn & fulfillments. Our mission is to maximise the amount and value our millions of loyalty members can put to work towards their rewards aspirations.
That’s a huge amount of work ahead for us that means you’ve got a great opportunity to put the loyalty economy within many more peoples’ reach while plumbing the most important work of your career.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who's excited to jump in and get your hands dirty with our team members to help us deliver the largest most scalable set of transfer APIs for our clients globally. We'll build the next generation of loyalty currency services such as cashback & carbon credits together. Your work will enable new types of businesses to run on our platform, at greater scale, while maintaining an extremely high bar for reliability, usability and operations.
- Participate & drive technical projects and and client deliveries that'll continue to help scale Ascenda's offerings and variety of products for our numerous clients
- Maintain high standards for code quality, reliability, and scalability.
- Design and implement elegant APIs and their underlying infrastructure. Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture across Ascenda
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with other teams, Project, Partnerships etc to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to the ease of integration, and the expressiveness of our product APIs
- Serve as a role model for high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and Ops processes you will encounter.
- Mentor your fellow engineers with the technical skills and domain exposure needed to become the next generation of subject matter experts at Ascenda
What we're looking for:
- Strong technical background, prior experience in building large-scale, high throughput distributed systems on the Cloud a plus
- Solid systems knowledge - having a good understanding of topics such as infrastructure, networking concepts, databases and how to optimise them
- Fluent with our main backend programming language - Ruby, or, having a strong aptitude and desire to pick up and be proficient in Ruby and/ or Typescript
- Have experience participating in technical roadmaps/RFCs to communicate technical strategy and resolve architectural problems
- Great collaborator - able to work comfortably in a cross-functional team, not just with engineering but with functions such as product, design and business teams
- Passionate about mentoring and/or leading a group of engineers, guiding and coaching them for high performance
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
What matters at Ascenda:
We are passionate, we keep things simple, we focus on results, we work together & we innovate!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
High growth environment & exponential career development
Mobile & flexible work environment
Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.