Senior Software Architect
Nice to meet you! We are Ascenda.
We’re a global fintech company based in Singapore, transforming how the world’s biggest financial brands engage their customers.
We make loyalty & rewards simple for banks and payment networks globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program.
We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, state-of-the-art technology and rapid implementation.
Join Ascenda and help us make the financial world a whole lot more exciting than it was.
What we offer? A leadership role like no other!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Architect to take the helm as company leader for the most complex and impactful technical decisions at Ascenda. You will lead the from-scratch design of groundbreaking new fintech solutions and drive continuous innovation for Ascenda’s existing SaaS products.
You will enable engineering team leaders, client solution architects and senior developers in their problem-solving across Ascenda’s full suite of applications, including the core rewards back-end, personalization engine, proprietary authentication service, internal / external orchestration layers, and white label front ends.
This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the mastermind behind Singapore’s most global fintech platform.
In this role you will:
- Lead all major technical innovation, decision-making, and problem-solving across the company
- Own the overall application architecture, collaborating closely with engineering team leads and product managers to set the company’s technical direction and vision
- Communicate Ascenda’s technology strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive the technical talent strategy for Ascenda and attract brilliant new developers to join our engineering team
What we offer:
- World-class engineering organization and culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible and comfortable working environment
- Diverse and friendly environment across 4 technology centres
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum Degree holder (degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on software development, of which 5 years in leadership roles or software architect positions
- Prior experience and demonstrated ability in architecting, building, and shipping large scale and complex software products, mostly on modern Cloud infrastructure
- Strong hands-on technical expertise and depth to work hand-in-hand with other engineering and product leaders to craft our technical roadmap and vision.
- Strong technical knowledge across domains such as software architecture and patterns, frontend architecture, security and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – able to work across multiple engineering teams and domains to drive complex technical decision making and outcomes.
- Good understanding of what a modern enterprise SaaS product looks like and can help evolve our platform architecture to meet the demands of our biggest enterprise customers
- Someone who enjoys working directly with customers to solicit feedback and product ideas, incorporating them into our technical roadmap and vision
- Excellent English communication is required