Senior Backend Engineer, Travel Platform
Manila, National Capital Region, PhilippinesEngineering
Ascenda solutions make loyalty simple for financial institutions globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation.
About the Role and the Team
This role is within our Travel Platform Team to help build and roll-out our SaaS based white-label platform to our fintech and airline partners! Our Travel Platform (termed TravelEdge) enables our partners to roll out a fully customisable travel platform (hotels, flights, cars), allowing their customers to use their loyalty points on travel bookings, or earn loyalty points through travel bookings. The Travel Platform team deals not only with maintaining our configurable SaaS web platform, but also work with our high scale supplier inventory platform aggregating content from multiple suppliers. The Travel Platform team builds mainly in Ruby and Elixir in the backend, and, TypeScript (Angular) for our frontend.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with fellow like-minded engineers to build features on our Travel Platform
- Setup and customise new tenants on the Travel Platform to the requirements set by our customers
- Play a key role in designing and building great monitoring and observability in our products
- Be part of setting the standard for engineering best practices across the engineering organisation
- Work closely with designers, product owners, and engineers from multiple teams to develop and design solid user experiences.
- Contribute to the growth of junior developers, and of Ascenda’s engineering culture
- Have the opportunity to solve problems across multiple areas, such as performance, internationalization, and multi-tenancy
What we're looking for:
- Good technical background in building trafficked large scale web applications on a modern frontend and backend stack
- 5+ years experience in backend programming languages such as Ruby, Golang, or any other relevant languages
- 3+ years experience in building frontends with frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Strong knowledge of how full stack web applications work (Full-stack experience a bonus)
- Good understanding of DevOps and cloud services (we deploy currently on AWS)
- Strong and practical understanding of database technologies, data modelling.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of software development from design to implementation, testing and launching in production
- Good understanding of quality code and the role of automated testing
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally across the organization, and across multiple geographical locations
- Prior experience with our stack (Ruby, Elixir, Angular). This would be a plus but not necessary.
- Prior experience in the travel technology industry. This would be a plus not not necessary.
What matters at Ascenda:
We are passionate, we keep things simple, we focus on results, we work together & we innovate!
We have a rewarding working place that provides a:
- High growth environment & exponential career development
- Mobile & flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.