Senior Backend Engineer, Fintech/Loyalty Product
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate backend engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
At Ascenda, we work on a wide variety of backend services built on Ruby.
In this job you will:
- Build, design and architect backend services, APIs across Ascenda's end-to-end loyalty platform.
- Debug and troubleshoot production issues
- Work with engineers from multiple teams to develop and design reliable, performant and secure services.
- Play a crucial role in developing Ascenda's engineering culture
- Take ownership in the development of backend products
- Have the opportunity to solve problems in multiple domains, such as performance optimisations, building flexible business logic, improving security.
- Maintain and improve high availability and throughput systems - handling millions of requests per day for our customers globally.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We expect you to:
- Have a track record for building great software.
- Have at least 5 years of development experience
- Have solid and strong knowledge of how modern web applications work
- Have strong knowledge on infrastructure, scaling applications (You don't need to be a DevOps expert, but good knowledge here is required)
- Possess expert knowledge in at least one back-end language (Ruby preferred, but not obligatory)
- Possess Good knowledge in frontend technologies
- Be able to write good quality code supported by automated tests
- Know how to debug, measure and optimise performance of application
- Great analysis skills, able to thrive under pressure
- Be a team player, willing to help other developers and caring about the product you build
- Have good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- Be a fast learner, able and willing to learn new languages and libraries
You will get bonus points if you:
- Know at least one functional language
- Have maintained high traffic application
This role is based in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. You must be authorised to work there.