Lead Software Engineer (Manila)
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
For this role, we are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join our team and be a key critical member of Ascenda's engineering leadership team.
We are specifically looking to fill this role for our engineering office in Manila. We're located at Bonifacio Global City in a beautiful office that we hope to continue filling and expanding with your help! We
In this job you will:
- Lead a team of developers working across Ascenda's end-to-end loyalty platform
- Design, architect and manage the implementation of new products and services
- Act as a mentor for Ascenda's engineers. Conduct training, sharing sessions to boost the knowledge of the engineering team
- Play a key role in Ascenda's engineering leadership team to set team direction, stack, culture.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to ensure that we are delivering high quality products
- Empower the engineering team to operate with a high level of productivity and great code quality
- Play a key role in recruiting new engineers to our team. Conduct interviews and screen candidates.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- A chance to take full ownership of products that are used by millions of customers worldwide.
We expect you to:
- Have a track record for building great software, and experience leading teams
- Have at least 5 years of development experience
- Have solid and strong knowledge of how modern web applications work
- Have strong knowledge on infrastructure, scaling applications (You don't need to be a DevOps expert, but good knowledge here is required)
- Possess expert knowledge in at least one back-end language (Ruby preferred, but not obligatory)
- Possess Good knowledge in frontend technologies
- Be able to write good quality code supported by automated tests
- Know how to debug, measure and optimise performance of application
- Great analysis skills, able to thrive under pressure
- Be a team player, willing to help other developers and caring about the product you build
- Have good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- Be a fast learner, able and willing to learn new languages and libraries
You will get bonus points if you:
- Know at least one functional language
- Have maintained high traffic application
Candidates must be authorised to work in the Philippines. Ascenda does not sponsor work visas in the Philippines for foreigners.