Graduate Software Engineer
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Nice to Meet You! We are Ascenda
Ascenda provides the rewards infrastructure for leading financial services brands across the world.Our clients include the world’s largest banks, top tier card issuers and fintechs who utilise our rewards infrastructure to power their earn & burn rewards programs. These include American Express, CapitalOne, HSBC, Brex, Virgin Money, SMBC, ICBC, Bradesco, ANZ, HDFC and Top 10 financial services brands in many other countries.With a best-in-class technology suite and the world’s broadest rewards content marketplace, we are the engine behind winning premium rewards propositions for financial services all around the globe.Our clients are spread across continents, and we serve over 1 billion customers globally. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll recognize our footprint!We believe that nothing should stand in the way of companies who strive to drive growth via compelling and effortless rewards propositions that their customers love.
Welcome to the future of customer growth. Join us as we shape the future of rewards in financial services!
Engineering excellence is our edge
We take great pride in building world-class software products that derive their success from beautiful architecture, high performance, ease of use and solid security in-depth.
Our teams are passionate about great code and global scalability. The technical problems we are most excited to solve go far beyond our current areas of expertise, which motivates us to push the limits and expand our own horizon every day. Work with problems like
- Billions of points transactions yearly
- Millions of spend data along with a multitude of user segments daily
- Maintaining & securing thousands of customer sessions across platforms every second
Join the best training ground for tomorrow’s superstar developers
When you join Ascenda as a fresh graduate, you’ll be delivering real products to customers in a matter of weeks! Benefit from our unique work environment designed all around rapid learning, close mentoring and ownership.
You will start by owning well-defined sub-components of the platform, and work quickly towards broader responsibility for entire services. Solve problems beyond just building features, gain exposure to domains like hi-throughput systems, de-fi backed services, loyalty in financial services and much more.
Join us if you like working like a product owner. If you’re curious, humble and always on the hunt for more learning opportunities. You’ll get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an amazing rate! No legacy protocols, no corporate bureaucracy, no multitude of approvals before shipping your updates.
Here are just a few examples of exciting engineering challenges awaiting our fresh graduate developers
- Work with one of our product teams to improve the platform’s usability for consumers, including features such as merchant deals, travel booking, our currency exchange network, or payment acceptance.
- Integrate with a variety of global suppliers, partners and client systems so that more customers can shop, travel, exchange rewards currencies and be rewarded for their activities with minimum fuss and maximum confidence.
- Increase Ascenda's platforms scalability and speed so that our architecture stays ahead of user growth and transaction volumes.
You’ll also learn critical foundational skills in other important aspects of large-scale platform such as:
- Security & Compliance - how to build secure software, especially for financial institutions.
- Infrastructure - how to automatically deploy and scalable infrastructure.
Who we are looking for:
- Love building things. Passionate and get energised about using cutting-edge technology to build the next generation of amazing digital products.
- A team player, willing to help other developers, share knowledge and care deeply about the product you build.
- Enjoy meritocracy. Be judged by what you deliver and not what you speak
- Have some experience in at least one backend language (Ruby preferred, but not obligatory).
- Have some experience in building frontends, either in vanilla JS or using frameworks.
- Possess good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements.
- A fast learner, always curious to learn new languages and libraries.
- Minimum Degree Holder (Fresh Graduates).
What matters at ASCENDA:
We are passionate, We keep things simple, We focus on results, We work together & We innovate!
We have a REWARDING WORKPLACE that provides a:
- High growth environment & exponential career development
- Mobile & flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Travel perks & Employee rewards
Ascenda is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We thank you for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.