Frontend Engineer - Loyalty Rewards Platform (Remote)
Nice to meet you! We are Ascenda.
Help us transform how the world’s biggest financial brands engage their customers.
The thrill of saving up loyalty points for an exciting trip, or the joy of treating your loved one to a Michelin star dinner courtesy of a special offer – these are the magical moments that Ascenda makes possible. This is why we are here.
We make loyalty simple for banks and payment networks globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value and rapid implementation.
What we offer? A role like no other!
You will play a key part in building our beautiful loyalty product that is serving hundreds of thousands of customers daily - interacting with their points balances, making travel bookings, redeeming cash-back, performing points transfers, buying giftcards, etc. You will be working closely with other engineering teams, our design and UX team, as well as our product managers to jointly solve problems.
We are looking for engineers at all levels. Whether you have 2 year of frontend experience or more than 5 years of experience, we welcome you to apply! We are evolving how we work and hire! This will be for a 100% remote position. We prefer if you can work around Singapore's timezone (GMT +8). However, this is not a strict criteria - we can relax this for the right candidate!
In this job you will:
- Work closely with engineering teams, UX and design teams, product teams to build new beautiful features on our Loyalty Rewards Platform
- Continuously evolve our frontend architecture to meet the growing needs of our product and customers
- Take ownership of features in our frontend products. Solve problems across multiple areas, such as performance, internationalization, accessibility, multi-tenancy, helping to craft a design system to allow for easily "white-label" components.
- Assist in code reviews to ensure that high code quality is maintained, in accordance to our standards and best practices
- Provide mentorship to engineers within you team to grow their technical skills and problem solving abilities
- Play a key part in participating in our Frontend development sprints - ensuring timely delivery of features
- Contribute to the overall Ascenda’s engineering culture
- At least 1 years of development experience in a front-end role with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember, etc)
- Strong knowledge of how modern web applications work
- Have experience building responsive web applications that work well across multiple devices and resolutions
- Have a good appreciation for web accessibility and internationalization (i18n)
- Have a good understanding of quality code and the role of automated testing (e.g. Jest, Karma, etc)
- Have a good understanding on the "infrastructure" side of Frontend applications - how modern frontend applications are built and deployed
- Have a good understanding of latest trends in frontend development
- Be a team player, willing to help other developers and care about the product you are building.
- Have strong communication skills, and not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- Fast learner, willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Strong organisational skills - keeps good documentation of technical decisions, write good technical specifications that is easily understood and digested by team members