Frontend Engineer, Fintech/Loyalty Product
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate frontend engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
At Ascenda, we build beautiful, usable front ends that are used by millions of customers worldwide. We build with modern frameworks such as Angular 11 and use tools such as TypeScript and NgRx.
In this job you will:
- Build, design and architect Ascenda's frontend products across our entire end-to-end loyalty platform
- Debug and troubleshoot production issues
- Work closely with engineers from various teams (e.g. backend) to develop and build high quality software.
- Play a crucial role in developing Ascenda's engineering culture
- Take ownership in the development of frontend products
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We expect you to:
- Have at least 1-3 years of web development experience ideally. We welcome fresh graduate applicants too
- Experience in working with APIs
- Experience in building responsive web applications that work across multiple devices and resolutions.
- Be passionate about building front ends with modern tools and frameworks such as Angular 8, NgRx, Webpack, etc
- Understand and be able to implement good tests for frontend code
- Know how to debug, measure and optimise performance of application
- Be a team player, willing to help other developers and caring about the product you build
- Have good communication skills, are not afraid of suggesting changes and improvements
- Be a fast learner, able and willing to learn new languages and libraries
- Be able to empathise with the many different users that might use Ascenda's loyalty platform
You will get bonus points if you:
- Understand UX well
- Are also familiar with backend languages such as Ruby
Candidates must be authorised to work in Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam).