Security Engineer Intern
Singapore, Central Singapore, SingaporeEngineering
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building beautiful products that scale.
At Ascenda, we have a huge focus on coaching on mentorship. As an intern, you will be given the correct guidance, mentorship, as well as opportunities for you to grow your career. We value the insights and perspectives you may bring to the company as a new intern and look forward to the diversity you will add to the team.
Internship window: May - August (3 months minimum). If your university/ school is looking at 6 - 9 month long traineeships, we're open to it too. Please state so in your application to us.
In this internship, you will be:
- Working with the Ascenda Security Team to work on and improve the overall security posture of Ascenda. As an internship, you will be given the opportunity to develop your technical skillsets and knowledge, getting hands-on experience as to how a fintech company deals with day-to-day cybersecurity requirements.
- Delivering enterprise level projects that ties in with your passion in the field of cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is a huge umbrella and every individual would have varying interests in this field. We believe in giving everyone a chance at exploring their own passions, and that includes our own interns.
- You will be given the opportunity to explore various disciplines of security engineering relevant to Ascenda and once your passion has been identified, you will be assigned a project that ties in well with what you would enjoy doing.
- Overall, you will be working on projects that ultimately helps to secure our applications. Possible projects include but is not limited to SAST/DAST, researching, pentesting, devsecops, etc.
- Flexible working environment
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- Has a genuine passion in areas such as Web Security, Cloud Security, Container Security, Software Security, or Secure SDLC
- Flexible and adaptable to work on and learn about various topics and technologies
- Comfortable in writing scripts and program in a scripting language of your choice (e.g. bash, python)
- A strong tenacity to dive deep into topics of discussions and asking critical questions
- Effective communication skills that allows candidate to work with the various teams on a day to day basis.
- Has experience playing CTFs and independently solving CTF challenges
Candidates must be authorised to work in Singapore.