Customer Solutions Engineer (Sydney)
Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking for a Customer Solutions Engineer based out of Sydney, who will be working closely with Ascenda's internal teams (engineering, sales, product) and our customers in Australia to implement, configure, manage and ultimately deliver Ascenda's platforms successfully to our customers.
In this job you will:
- Become an expert on the capabilities (current and future) of Ascenda's products and platforms
- Work closely with Ascenda's sales and engineering organisation, as well as with our Customers to ensure high quality delivery of our platforms and services
- Be the main technical point of contact for our Customers in Australia
- Lead discussions/run technical meetings with our customers to better understand technical requirements needed for the delivery of the platform and service.
- Translate customer requirements into technical requirements which Ascenda's engineering and product teams can implement
- Be a critical part of the delivery of the solutions, working with the engineering team to deliver smaller features for our customers
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
- A chance to take full ownership of products that are used by millions of customers worldwide.
We expect you to:
- Have at least 2 years experience participating in a pre-sales/customer engineering role in previous jobs
- Be able to communicate effectively and lead technical presentations. Comfortable with explaining deep technical concepts to technical audiences, but also simplify technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Have a good understanding of technical concepts such as software engineering, data migration, infrastructure, enterprise integrations (e.g. API, batch, streams), identity management and security. You don't need to be an expert in all these areas, but sufficient knowledge to be able to understand customer requirements and propose viable solutions will be good enough.
- Have good problem solving skills. Often, we need to "think outside of the box" to be able to fit our products/platforms into the customer requirements.
You will get bonus points if you:
- Already have experience working in the banking environment / financial services sector
- Have good experience working with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Alicloud)
- Have a strong engineering background (e.g. you were previously an engineer)
- Have knowledge in modern programming languages such as Golang or Ruby.
Candidates must be authorised to work in Australia.